New Postdoctoral Appointees
These links provide information about support and services available through UTMB and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs in the GSBS.
- Visit the Benefits Services Office with your new employee packet and documentation of identification; and the Employee Health Clinic for pre-employment screening
- After the health screening is complete, you will receive an Employee ID number, the paperwork for an identification badge and to arrange for parking, and a date for the new employee orientation
- Confirm your arrival and badge number with your new department to start the process for your email account and office keys
- International Postdocs: Obtain details from International Affairs and from your department administrator.
- Enroll for benefits with Human Resources during employee orientation.
- Enroll in postdoctoral certificate courses by first
applying to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. You may download the course descriptions
- Register for required institutional compliance online training after your email account is created; obtain the online course list from your department administrator.