UTMB has a vast array of research buildings and hospitals that house a large number of Core Research Facilities offering specialized services to the campus community. Below are links to many of them.
Academic Resources provides access to scholarly information and innovative knowledge management services, as well as products that support and enhance learning, teaching, research, patient care and public service activities at UTMB. Check out the links below.
Academic medical centers conducting research must comply with a number of federal and state regulations, which are enforced by several offices at UTMB. Research Services houses most of these oversight groups, and provides training, communications and other resources for the research community. Among the various Research Services offices are resources for information, assistance and training to inform the research community of new and ongoing laws and regulations. Links to them are below.
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) – oversees federal and university regulations on the use and care of animals in research
- Human Subjects: Institutional Review Board (IRB) – oversees federal and university regulations related to human subjects research and informed consent
- Center for Technology Transfer – assists researchers in complying with federal, state, and university regulations on the licensing and patenting of their research discoveries
- Office of Sponsored Programs – interfaces with major funding agencies such as the NIH, NSF, etc., on behalf of the university
- Conflict of Interest Committee – oversees compliance with federal, state and university regulations
- Scientific Integrity Committee – helps ensure the integrity of scientific research and conduct
- Environmental Health and Safety Office – helps ensure safety in the use of hazardous biological, chemical and radioactive materials, provides training and helps see that regulations are followed,