New Postdoctoral Appointees
These links provide information about support and services available through UTMB and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs in the GSBS.
- Visit the Benefits Services Office with your new employee packet and documentation of identification; and the Employee Health Clinic for pre-employment screening
- After the health screening is complete, you will receive an Employee ID number, the paperwork for an identification badge and to arrange for parking, and a date for the new employee orientation
- Confirm your arrival and badge number with your new department to start the process for your email account and office keys
- International Postdocs: Obtain details from International Affairs and from your department administrator.
- Enroll for benefits with Human Resources during employee orientation.
- Establish a local bank checking or savings account for direct deposit of salary/stipend, if you do not already have a bank account. Local banks and credit unions.
- Apply for postdoctoral certificate program courses and return the form signed by your mentor along with proof of your doctorate (copy of diploma, transcript, etc.) to the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs. You can download the course descriptions here.
- Attend New Postdoc Orientation
- Register for required institutional compliance online training after your email account is created; obtain the online course list from your department administrator.